English Place-name Society

Survey of English Place-Names

A county-by-county guide to the linguistic origins of England’s place-names – a project of the English Place-Name Society, founded 1923.

Conyngham Hall

Other OS name in the Parish of Knaresborough

Historical Forms

  • Conyngham-house or Coghill-hall 1822 Langd
  • Coghill Hall 1771 M


, Conyngham-house or Coghill-hall 1822 Langd, Coghill Hall 1771 M , built c. 1750 by John Coghill ( perhaps replacing an older building ) , and sold in 1796 to the Countess of Conyngham ( cf. Wheater 40 ) ; this is not to be confused with Cockhill House ( infra ) .

Places in the same Parish

Early-attested site

Other OS name