English Place-name Society

Survey of English Place-Names

A county-by-county guide to the linguistic origins of England’s place-names – a project of the English Place-Name Society, founded 1923.

Park Wood

Other OS name in the Parish of Beetham

Historical Forms

  • Witherslack Park 1654 Kendiii,259

Etymology

, named from Witherslack Park 1654 Kend iii, 259 , v. park ; John de Haverington was licensed to impark 600 acres here in 1341 (Cl iv, 486) .

Places in the same Parish

Early-attested site

Other OS name