English Place-name Society

Survey of English Place-Names

A county-by-county guide to the linguistic origins of England’s place-names – a project of the English Place-Name Society, founded 1923.

Valewood Ho

Other OS name in the Parish of Lurgashall


was Felwool or Velwool in the 17th and 18th cent , parish records . It was renamed in the 19th cent , when the present house was built .