Early-attested site in the Parish of Buxted
- Stonerocks 1559 SAC41,207
- lez Stonerock 1569 ADv
- le Stonerocks 1574 ADv
The Rocks may be identical with the place called Stonerocks in 1559 (SAC 41, 207), lez Stonerock (1569 AD v), le Stonerocks (1574 AD v). It was possibly the home of John Stonrok of Framfield (1296 SR). Cf. atte Stonerokk as a pers. name in Kent (1327SR ).