Parish in the County of Wiltshire
West Overton parish includes the tithing of East Overton which has a different history. BCS 734 gives the bounds of East Overton, BCS 875 of West Overton. West Overton is Overton Abbatisse and was held by the Abbess of Wilton, East Overton belonged to the Abbey of St Swithin's, Winchester (H. C. B.). Cf. Ouertun Prioris (1167 P).