English Place-name Society

Survey of English Place-Names

A county-by-county guide to the linguistic origins of England’s place-names – a project of the English Place-Name Society, founded 1923.

Park Fm

Early-attested site in the Parish of Selsey

Historical Forms

  • Parroc 1380 LibE


Park Fm is on the ground of the Parroc of 1380 (LibE ). v. pearroc . The ground once covered by the Bishop's Park has now been almost entirely washed away, but the anchorage called 'The Park' on the early O.S. maps preserves further traces of it.

Places in the same Parish