Early-attested site in the Parish of Romford Rural
- Merkes 1368 ADvi
- Markys 1475–85 ECP
- Markes 1594 N
- Merk 1330 FF
Mark's Hall (6″) is Merkes 1368 AD vi, Markys 1475–85 ECP, Markes 1594 N. It is to be associated with the family of Simon de Merk (1330FF ), which no doubt owed its name to the fact that it lived on the forest-boundary, which finds further record in Mark's Gate and Marks Stone supra 92, and in Markethorne (1301For ). v. mearc .