Other OS name in the Parish of Tysoe, Upper, Middle and Lower
- The Red Horse 1656 Dugdale
is The Red Horse 1656 Dugdale . “ There is cut upon the side of Edg-hill the proportion of a Horse in a very large forme , which , by reason of the ruddy colour of the Earth , is called the Red Horse ” ( Dugdale 422 ) . Cf. the more famous White Horse of the Berkshire Downs .