Early-attested site in the Parish of Alvechurch
- Harewemede c.1300 EcclVar
- Harrowfield c.1830 O
This must contain as its first element the old heathen word hearg and the 'mead' or 'field' have been a place of heathen worship. It is only five or six miles from another heathen site at Weoley (infra 350). The modern form is doubtless due to association with the neighbouring river Arrow.