Early-attested site in the Parish of Clyffe Pypard
- Stanmore Meadow c.1840 TA
- two closes called Stamner (sic) 1626 Ipm
Stanmore Copse lies on the borders of Clyffe Pypard and Winterbourne parishes, while Stanmore Meadow (c. 1840TA ), just to the east, lies wholly in the parish of Winterbourne Bassett.Jones (232) shows good reason for identifying Stanmore with the DB manor of Stamere in Selkley Hundred, Stanmere 1242 Fees, 1275 RH. The only other reference that has been noted is two closes called Stamner (sic)1626 Ipm. 'Stone pool,' v. stan , mere .