Mark Fm, Mark Grove, Mark Road
Early-attested site in the Parish of Tillingham
- Merks 1777 C
- atte Meerk 1327 SR
Mark Fm, Mark Grove (6″), Mark Road (6″) preserve the name of Merks (1777 C) which was the home of John atte Meerk (1327SR ). v. mearc . All are near the northern boundary of the parish, which coincides with that of the Grove. Note also Sowthmarcke in Tillingham (1587Rental ).