English Place-name Society

Survey of English Place-Names

A county-by-county guide to the linguistic origins of England’s place-names – a project of the English Place-Name Society, founded 1923.

Silcock's Farm

Other OS name in the Parish of East Ruston


, cf. Ann Silcock of Lessingham 1820 HaM , John Silcock of Lessingham 1798ib , Cubitt Silcock 1845 White ; v. Reaney s.n. Silcock , a diminutive of Sil , a short form of Silvein or Silvester .