Other OS name in the Parish of East Orchard
- Fishey, Fisshhay 1846 TA
- Wisheyhay 1840 TAMap
- Wishing Cl 1840 TA
- Wysshis filde 1576 Glyn
, a lane running from R . Stirchel along the par . bdy , named from the adjoining fields called Fishey ,Fisshhay 1846TA in this par. and Wisheyhay 1840TAMap ,Wishing Cl 1840TA in W Orchard (where the form Wysshis filde 1576Glyn also belongs ) ; the first el . is probably wisc ' marshy meadow ' , perhaps with īeg ' island, dry ground inmarsh ' rather than (ge)hæg ' enclosure ' ; the first el . has been influenced by fisc ' fish ' due to SW interchange of f / v / w , cf. PN D xxxv ; the lane itself would seem to be identical with higweg in the Anglo - Saxon bounds of W Orchard discussed under Hay Bridge in that par . infra .