Early-attested site in the Parish of Harnham
- pontem de Ayleswad', Eleswade 1255 RH
- Ayleswade 1279 Ass 1300 Ipm
- Aileswadebrigge 1348 Cor
- Ayleswaterbrigg 1413 StNicholas
- Aylyswade brigge nowe called Harnham brigge by newe Salisbury 1471 Trop
- Aylesford Bridge 1618 WMxxii
Harnham Bridge (6″) was formerly pontem de Ayleswad ', Eleswade 1255 RH, Ayleswade 1279Ass , 1300 Ipm, Aileswadebrigge 1348Cor , Ayleswaterbrigg 1413 StNicholas, Aylyswade brigge nowe called Harnham brigge by newe Salisbury 1471 Trop, Aylesford Bridge 1618 WM xxii. 'Ægel 's ford,' v. wæd . Cf. Aylesbury (PN Bk 145).