Early-attested site in the Parish of South Stainley
- Suth Stanlee 1316 Vill
Stainley Ho, Suth Stanlee 1316 Vill (where South Stainley itself is called Kirk Stainley ). Skaife (Vill 353) thinks that this Suth Stanlee must be identified with the site of Stainley Ho. It may also be noted that South Stainley village itself in 1558 FF is called Northestayneley als. Kyrkestayneley , and in this instance the affix North - is used to distinguish the village from Stainley Ho; it does not refer to North Stainley 159infra .