English Place-name Society

Survey of English Place-Names

A county-by-county guide to the linguistic origins of England’s place-names – a project of the English Place-Name Society, founded 1923.


Early-attested site in the Parish of Ramsey


Parkeston. The G.E.R. continental service was transferred from the old pier at Harwich to the new quay at Parkeston on 15th February, 1883, and the new station and quay were named after Charles Henry Parkes , then Chairman of the railway.

Places in the same Parish