Early-attested site in the Parish of Cocking
- Pidesham 1327 SR
- Pitsom 1823 G
Pitsham Fm (6″) was the home of Wm de Pidesham in 1327 (SR). The local pronunciation is suggested by Pitsom (1823 G).It is probably the ham(m) of one Pyddi , a name which has left further traces in Sussex in Piddinghoe and, in the derivative form Pyddel , in Piddingworth infra 302. Piddi is also possible, v. Pidborough supra 13.