English Place-name Society

Survey of English Place-Names

A county-by-county guide to the linguistic origins of England’s place-names – a project of the English Place-Name Society, founded 1923.

Pembroke Lodge

Other OS name in the Parish of Petersham


was earlier Hill Lodge , and still earlier Molecatchers . It took its later name from the Countess of Pembroke who lived here till her death in 1832 (Bell 115) .

Places in the same Parish

Major Settlement