English Place-name Society

Survey of English Place-Names

A county-by-county guide to the linguistic origins of England’s place-names – a project of the English Place-Name Society, founded 1923.

Pebble Hall

Other OS name in the Parish of Theddingworth


, 1925Kelly , v. hall ; named from its walls of flint pebbles ( dial . duckies ) with brick dressings ( as with nearby Pebble Cottages ( local ) of the same construction , it was built c. 1830 ) .