Other OS name in the Parish of Frisby
- Tamborow 1625 Terrier
- Tamborough 1638 1649 Nichols
- Tamborough Hill 1907 ib
, 1913 Sale , Tamborow 1625Terrier , Tamborough 1638ib , 1649 Nichols , 1662 Clayton , 1854Surv , Tamborough Hill 1907ib , v. berg ; the specific Tam is of uncertain meaning , but may be a pre - English stream - name *Tamā , as in the various English rivers called Tame , formed from an Indo - European root *tā ' flow ' , the meaning of such names thus being ' water ' . A stream runs south - west through the valley beneath the hill , eventually joining Billesdon Brook at Great Glen . For f. ns . arising , v. Tamborough in f.ns. (a) infra .