English Place-name Society

Survey of English Place-Names

A county-by-county guide to the linguistic origins of England’s place-names – a project of the English Place-Name Society, founded 1923.

Drawdykes Castle

Other OS name in the Parish of Stanwix


. Cf. Drawe Dikes 1683 PR (Crosth) . “ There was formerly a very old castle at Drawdykes ” ( H ii , 581 n . ) . No early reference has been found to this site . v. dīc .