Hundred in the County of Berkshire
- Morton 1264–5 InqMisc 1275–6 RH
- Suthmorton' 1283–4 QW
- Heslitesford, Esliteford, Eletesford 1086 DB
- Sletesford 1130 P
- Slotesf' 1162 ib
- Seletesford 1169 ib
- Seledesford 1175 ib
- Sletesford 1176 ib
- Scletesford 1177 ib
- Sleteford 1180, 1188 ib
- Scleteford' 1192 ib
- Slotesfordia 1219 Fees
- Slote(s)f' 1220 ib
- Sloteford' 1225, 1241 Ass
- Slotesford' 1225 ib, 1230 P, 1261, 1284 Ass
- Slutesford 1225 ib
- Scolt'ford', Slotesford 1230–1 MemR
- Slotteford 1241 Ass, 1283–4 QW
- Sloteford 1275–6 RH
- Slottesford 1283–4 QW, 1316 FA
v. Moreton infra 524. The Hundred was named from South Moreton, which, as pointed out by Anderson (217) was near the borders of the two earlier Hundreds of Blewbury and Slotisford .The Hundred of Blewbury (Blitberie 1086 DB, Bleoberia 1130 P, Blebiri 1188 ib, Blebir '1220 Feeset freq with variant spellings Blebyr ', Blebery , Bleber ', Bleburye , v. Blewbury Pt 1151–2) comprised the district W. of Wallingford. The name disappeared in the 13th cent., Blewbury and Cholsey being then included in Reading Hundred (v. Pt 1149), and this part of the modern Hundred of Moreton is regularly referred to as Morton (e ) after that.
Slotisford is Heslitesford , Esliteford , Eletesford 1086 DB, Sletesford 1130 P, Slotesf '1162 ib, Seletesford 1169 ib, Seledesford 1175 ib, Sletesford 1176 ib, Scletesford 1177 ib, Sleteford 1180, 1188 ib, Scleteford '1192 ib, Slotesfordia 1219 Fees, Slote (s )f '1220 ib, Sloteford '1225, 1241Ass , Slotesford '1225ib , 1230 P, 1261, 1284Ass , Slutesford 1225ib , Scolt 'ford ', Slotesford 1230–1 MemR, Slotteford 1241Ass , 1283–4 QW, Sloteford 1275–6 RH, Slottesford 1283–4 QW, 1316 FA.Second el. ford. Anderson (216) suggests that the first is an OE *slēot , connected with ModE slot (NED sb, first noted a. 1300), German Schloss , and meaning 'bar'. Hence 'ford with a bar (or bars)'. The ford may have been in Cholsey or Moulsford. Anderson gives 14th-cent. references to people surnamed de Slotesford (e ) assessed in these adjoining parishes, both of which have the R. Thames for E. boundary. The Hundred comprised the district S. of Wallingford, and the name appears on Subsidy Rolls as late as 1625, from which Anderson concludes that the amalgamation of Moreton (earlier Blewbury) and Slotisford Hundreds is fairly recent.
A Bastedenehundredum (named from Basildon infra 512–13) is mentioned 1176–7, 1177–8 P, but does not appear elsewhere.