Early-attested site in the Parish of Kempsey
- East mor 972 BCS1282 c.1050
- Astmore c.1830 O
This is the 'eastern' marsh-land in contrast to Normoor Common in the same parish. It should be noted however that Ashmoor is to the west of Normoor so that they must have been named from different centres, Ashmoor perhaps from Clifton, Normoor from Kerswell. For Ash cf. Ashbrook (Gl), DBEstbroce .