Early-attested site in the Parish of Semley
- beorcora 956 BCS917 14th
- Berkore 1241 FF
- Bertholemews Hill 1773 AandD
Barker's Hill (local) is beorcora 956 (14th) BCS 917, Berkore 1241 FF. 'Birch bank,' v. beorc , ora . The hill is now called St Bartholomew's Hill from the neighbouring Catholic chapel (Bertholemews Hill 1773 A and D). The hill is now planted with conifers, but there are still a few stray birch-trees about.