Early-attested site in the Parish of Mildenhall
- Crokerestrope 1257 For
- Crokkeresthrop 1282 Ass
- Crokeresthorpesend 1300 WMiv
- Crockerthrop t.Ed2 For 1327 SR
- Crokerethropesende t.Ed3 For
- Cocketrappe downe 1578 Sav
'þorpor hamlet of the crocker or maker of pots.' Cf. Crockerton supra 166 and Crockerhill (PN Sx 66). It may be that it takes its name from the numerous sherds turned up by the plough in the neighbouring Black Field, the site of Hoare's Lower Cunetio (H. C. B.).