Major Settlement in the Parish of Leamington Spa
- Lamintone 1086 DB t.Hy1 Kenilworth t.Hy2 Pat 1478
- Lamuntona ib.
- Lamminton 1170 Ch 1314
- Lementona t.Hy1 Kenilworth
- Leminton(a) 1198,1232 Fees 1279 Nott
- Lemynton juxta Warrewicium 1316 FA
- Lemynton Prioris 1325 ADiv 1416 ADiii
- Lemyngton Priors 1535 VE
'Farm on the river Leam,' v. tun . Priors because granted to Kenilworth Priory t. Henry 1 (Dugdale 294) and to distinguish it from Leamington Hastings supra 139. Dugdale (loc. cit .) mentions “a spring of Salt-water (not above a stones-throw from the river Leame ) whereof the inhabitants make much use for seasoning of meat.” The title 'Royal Leamington Spa' was granted after a visit of Queen Victoria in 1838.