Parish in the County of Shropshire
- Prene 1086 DB 1557 AD
- Prune 1208-9 ForProc 1462 HAC
- Prona 1255 RH
- Preone c.1291 TN 1334 SR
- Preene 1316 FA
- Preen 1552 Pat
- Preyn 1692 PR(H) 1750 PR(H)
- Pruna Magna, Parva Prona 1255 RH
- Chircheprene, Holtprene 1255-6 Ass
- Chyrcheprene, Parua Prene 1271-2 Ass
OE prēon 'brooch', presumably used of some as yet un- identified landscape feature.
There are two settlements, Church and Holt Preen, the latter shown on modern maps as Holt. They are Pruna Magna , Parva Prona 1255 RH, Chircheprene , Holtprene 1255-6Ass , Chyrcheprene , Parua Prene 1271-2Ass .
There were two settlements, Church (Magna) and Holt (Parva) Preen. Holt Preen is now in Cardington, but it was in Church Preen until the 13th cent. (VCH VIII124).