Major Settlement in the Parish of Stanton Harcourt
- Stantone 1086 DB 1288 Ipm
- Stantone Harecurt 1268–81 Eynsh 1346 FA
- Staunton' 1234 Cl 1428 FA
- Stauntone Harecurt 1285 Ass 1428 FA
- Stawnton Harcourt 1519 AD
'Stone tūn,' v. stān , which in this name probably refers to the stones known as The Devil's Quoits. Robert de Harcourt is the owner 1193 P.