Early-attested site in the Parish of Churchill
Standbow Bridge (6″) is so named 1778EnclA . Cf. Stanboge 1210 Cur, Standbawham t. Hy 8Valor , Stande Bawham 1551–2Survey .This is OE stān -boga , 'stone arch,' which occurs in Beowulf , ll. 2545 and 2718, and survives as Stonebow, the name of one of the gates of Lincoln. hamm has been added to two of the forms.