Major Settlement in the Parish of Glandford with Bayfield
- Glanforda, Glamforda 1086 DB
- Glanford 1232 Pat 1333 SR
- Clanford 1250 Ass
- Glaunford 1250 c.1260 Binh 1267to1421 FF 1302to1428 FA 1333 SR 1380 Inq 1695 Morden
- Glaumford 1254–75 Val 1330 SR
- Glaumdford 1254 NfA
- Glamford 1257,1269 Ass 1275 RH
- Glamforth 1523 NfA
- Glaneforthe 1535 VE 1558–1603 NoRec
The first element of this name in ford is traditionally explained as OE glēam 'joy, merriment'. The reason is held to be that the ford was a place where people assembled for sports or games (v. DEPN and Mills).
The church, dedicated to St Martin, was in ruins in Blomefield's time but was rebuilt with materials from its predecessor around 1900 (Blomefield IX366, Pevsner 136).