English Place-name Society

Survey of English Place-Names

A county-by-county guide to the linguistic origins of England’s place-names – a project of the English Place-Name Society, founded 1923.

the Under - Willocks

Field in the Parish of Whitton

Historical Forms

  • the Under - Willocks 1635 Terrier 1775 EnclA
  • y e under - Willock 1697 Terrier
  • the Under - Wilock ( e ) s 1702 Terrier 1706 Terrier

Etymology

the Under -Willocks 1635, 1638, y eunder -Willock 1697, the Under -Wilock(e)s 1702, 1706(obscure)