English Place-name Society

Survey of English Place-Names

A county-by-county guide to the linguistic origins of England’s place-names – a project of the English Place-Name Society, founded 1923.

Rough Cl

Field in the Parish of Withcote

Historical Forms

  • 1849 TA 1853 Deed
  • the great Rough closse 1661 AAS


Rough Cl 1849, 1853 (the great Rough closse 1661, v. rūh 1)