Major Settlement in the Parish of Daylesford
- Dæglesford (vadum) 718 BCS139 11th 841 11th KCD623 875 11th 979 11th
- Deilesford 777 BCS222 14th KCD963 c.1050 c.1200
- Dæiglæsford 914 BCS1135 12th
- Degilesford 979 KCD623 11th
- Dagelesford c.1050 KCD963 c.1200
- Eilesford 1086 DB
with other forms as cited in Wo 121. 'Dægel's ford', v. ford . OE Dægel is not recorded but it would be an -el derivative of a hypocoristic Dæga (from OE Dægbeorht , Dægfrið , etc.), corresponding to OG Dagalo ; it occurs also in Dallington (Nth 81).