Early-attested site in the Parish of Alveston
- æt langalege 955–9 BCS936 12th
- Langele juxta Alweston 1362 Ipm
- Langley 1551 ADv.
Langley (lost), æt langalege 955–9 (12th) BCS 936, Langele juxta Alweston 1362 Ipm, Langley 1551 AD v. 'The long clearing', v. lang , lēah . This unlocated place gave its name to Langley Hundred (74supra ). It cannot have been far from Wolfridge (121infra ) and Green Hill (supra ) which follow it in the bounds of BCS 936, nor from the Roman road, Ridgeway (foll.). It might have been just over the boundary in Olveston parish; there is a tumulus at grid 155–625883, which is approximately the position suggested by the bounds of BCS 936.