Early-attested site in the Parish of Stockwood
- Parks al's Stockwood Farme c.1685 Batten
Stockwood Fm (ST 590069), Parks al 's Stockwood Farme c.1685Batten , cf. 'park called Stocwode '1273 Ipm, le Parkhegge 1401, claus ' voc ' la South (e )parke (de Stokkewode ), claus ' voc ' le South (e )parke (de Stokkewode )1402–1504Weld 1, 1445Rent , le Suth 'park 1444Weld 1, Parcroft 1433, 1437Weld 1, Parkelane 1465Weld 1, South (')parkelane 1483, 1492Weld 1, (claus ' voc ') le Parke 1491Weld 1, Stokysparke 1500Weld 1, Highparcke 1545Weld 1, South parcke al 's Upper Stockwood , terr ' voc ' Broadeparke 1621CH , close called Broade Parke , West Parke 1678Batten , Parks , Great Parks & ?Sennsams Parks c.1685Batten , v. park , hecg , sūð .This medieval park at the higher, southern, end of the par. seems to have been associated with (and was perhaps identical with) the 'wood' of Stockwood (v. par. name supra and Stock Wood infra ). There was another early park (la Northpark ) at the lower, northern, end of the par. recalled in the series of six Park f.ns. in 1839TA (v. infra and Cantor & Wilson 6181–3).