English Place-name Society

Survey of English Place-Names

A county-by-county guide to the linguistic origins of England’s place-names – a project of the English Place-Name Society, founded 1923.

( End of ) Long Md

Field in the Parish of Fifehead Neville

Historical Forms

  • 1842 TA


(End of) LongMd(or Lt Browns)(cf. closes called Brownes 1603, roveles tenement called Brownes 1666, John Broun 1327, John Brun 1332)