Early-attested site in the Parish of Dale Abbey
- Boyhag(e) 1200,c.1210,c.1250 Dale
- Boyhagh(e) c.1230,1269 Dale 1283 Pat 1288 Orig 1294 Woll
- graungiam de Boyhagh(e) c.1300 Dale 1330 QW
- Boyhawe c.1250,1270–2 Dale 1281 Ass
- Boyhaugh 1328 SR
- Boy-a-grange 1767 Burdett
Perhaps 'Boie's enclosure', v. haga 1 ; cf. Boythorpe supra 234.Alternatively the first element may be the ordinary word boy (v. boi(a)), which seems to appear in some p.ns., cf. Boycott Fm (PN Wo 303–4). It was held by Dale Abbey, v. grange .