Early-attested site in the Parish of Codnor and Loscoe
- Smitecote 1086 DB
- Smithycote 1836 O
Smithycote (lost), now represented by Bell Ho, Smitecote 1086 DB, Smithycote 1836 O. 'Smithy shed', v. smiððe , cot . On the numbered plan to a Survey of 1853, Bell House is not named but the fields around the building are Bottom and Top Smithy Coats . This identification was first made by Mr F. Williamson.