English Place-name Society

Survey of English Place-Names

A county-by-county guide to the linguistic origins of England’s place-names – a project of the English Place-Name Society, founded 1923.

Ellenborough and Ewanrigg

Parish in the County of Cumberland


Ellenborough and Ewanrigg and Netherhall (infra 305) were amalgamated in 1929 into one parish styled Maryport, to which Flimby was added in 1934.

Major Settlements

Other places in this Parish

Early-attested site

Other OS name