English Place-name Society

Survey of English Place-Names

A county-by-county guide to the linguistic origins of England’s place-names – a project of the English Place-Name Society, founded 1923.

Mount Fidget Wood

Early-attested site in the Parish of Langley


This must take its name from the holding of Richard de Munfichet in Langley in 1247 (Fees 878).

Places in the same Parish