Early-attested site in the Parish of Beedon
- (æt) Stanmere 948 BCS866 c.1240
- Stanmere 960 BCS1053 contemporary FA 1412
- Stanmore 1761 Rocque
Stanmore, (æt ) Stanmere 948 (c. 1240) BCS 866, Stanmere 960 (contemporary) BCS 1053, 1412 FA, Stanmore 1761 Rocque. Cf. (of ) stanmeringa gemere 916 (c. 1200) BCS 633, (of ) stanmeringa gemære 1042 (c. 1240) KCD 762, 'boundary of the people of Stanmore'.'Stone pool', v. stān , mere , identical with Stanmore Mx 65. A pool, probably the one in question, is shown on O.S. maps at the junction of Ball Pt Rd and Hailey Lane. In the bounds of Farnborough (BCS 633, 682 and 762) there are places called (to ) stanleage and (on ) þone stanihtan weg , which were near Stanmore and which were also named from the stony soil.