Early-attested site in the Parish of Woburn
- Losewod a.1340 VCHiii.459
- Louze Wood 1826 B
It seems clear that the modern form is corrupt and that the name really goes back to OE hlos-wudu (BCS 627) which it is difficult to think can be anything else than 'pigstye-wood,' v. hlose . There was another Loswude in Chicksand (Warden 19 b ).