Smith's Hall
Early-attested site in the Parish of Blackmore
Historical Forms
- Copschefes t.Hy8 Survey
- Copshef 1371 FF
- Smythe 1540 EAS(OS)iii
Etymology
Smith's Hall was Copschefes t. Hy 8Survey , and was so called from the family of John Copshef (1371FF ). The lands of Blackmore Priory were granted to John Smythe (1540 EAS (OS) iii).

Leaflet | Tiles © Esri — Esri, DeLorme, NAVTEQ, TomTom, Intermap, iPC, USGS, FAO, NPS, NRCAN, GeoBase, Kadaster NL, Ordnance Survey, Esri Japan, METI, Esri China (Hong Kong), and the GIS User Community